Saturday, August 05, 2006

N.U.S. August 5, 2006

Hey everyone.

Wow, it's been awhile since I went on a rant, but now that I have gotten Newscast back to a somewhat normal update schedule, I feel more able to doso. In this particular comic, you might be wondering about Nienna's hair in panel 3. Well no, she can't become invisible. It's just that she has BIG hair and that tends to obscure the important arm-releasing that is happening.

This comic was a PAIN. I started on it Tuesday evening, and I finished it Saturday at 2:00 A.M. coloring it was INSANE. I might start looking for an official colorer soon, cause I hate doing it.

IN OTHER NEWS:

The backyard pond/Pirate thing is almost done. Work has slowed to a crawl on it, because me and my fathers' schedules have become thouroughly unworkable. But it's mostly done. Pics coming soon.

A good friend and artist I know, Katie Azbill, is working hard to finish the cover of Newscast Chapter 2: Of Evil Pie and Magic Tricks. For those of you who have not yet seen the cover for Chapter 1: Bounty Hunter Showdown, you can see it without all the logo and text on her DeviantArt page. I really love her stuff, and am honored that she has agreed to let me use her work for the cover of the first Newscast comic book.

Work continues to suck. It COULD be a fun place, except that the powers that be have decided that fun of any sort will have no place in an entertainment store. I've put in some applications elsewhere. Hopefully soon will see some sort of career change.

The ESA has pretty much cancelled E3. For the past few years I have been at odds with the game industry, and this takes my anger and contempt to a new level. So I guess from now on it's Tokyo Game Show and PAX for me....maybe.

Something big is happening in October. What is it? More information will be coming soon.

"Apparently smoking your weight in Pot every month will turn you into a 750 pound, barely coherant Walrus Man..."
-Lovez, Ayame.

No comments: