Tuesday, October 17, 2006

N.U.S. October 17, 2006

Hello everyone, and welcome back to Newscast. I'm your on-the-spot reporter Ayame Maehara.

The AnimeBanzai countdown has officially begun. With less than a week left before the big event, I sit here desperately trying to get ready. I'm expecting things to go reasonably well, but so far progress has been somewhat slow. Ah well. It'll all work out.

Regarding today's comic:
It seems I am having a bit of a problem with...I dunno, some component of my internet access. My FTP client keeps timing out when I try to upload the comic, so if you can't see it yet, be patient. I'll try uploading it again in a little bit.

It's NINTENDO WII TIME!
So, after I found out that EB Games was going to be taking preorders on the Wii (finally), some friends and decided that it would be rational to spend 13 hours camped out on a cold sidewalk in October waiting for the store to open.

WHAT A BLAST!

Being someone who has waited in line for other things, I knew how to do things right. So I packed up coats, blankets, a TV, a DVD/VCR player, food and beverine, several movies, my GameCube and an industrial extension chord and soon, we were playing Super Smash Bros and watching The Venture Brothers. In short, a good time was had by all.

The best part? Well, two. first off, we met a delightful fellow in line who took a gander at a test-version of the comic. Now he's joined the forums and seems to enjoy the comic. That's another into our deadly fold! HA HA HA HA! And the other great thing is that I am now #1 in line for a Nintendo Wii system. Launch day, I WILL OWNZ YOU!

(I took pictures, but I can't find the chord for my camera, so I'll be posting them tommorow).

In latter news, there is none. I'll be doing something special to commemorate comic #100, but it won't be this week. The comic will be up, but the special thing might have to come a little later, lest the story drop another update day.

Newscast- Of course it's funny. It's already won THREE Henry Kissinger awards!
-Lovez, Ayame.

No comments: